Because of these and other unique challenges, young adults are also at the epicenter of a national opiate addiction epidemic, and many are self-medicating to fight depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues. They represent the fastest growing patient population at Princeton House Behavioral Health.
Our Young Adult programs can help young adults ages 18 through the mid-20s who are struggling with mental health issues or addiction.
- A comprehensive evaluation by a board certified psychiatrist
- Individual assessments and sessions
- Evidence-based treatment
- Group therapy that features coping and life skills training and creative arts therapy
- Family groups
- Medication monitoring
Young adults tend to have better treatment outcomes in programs tailored to their unique needs because of common life experiences and stressors that are different from adults. Sessions focus on age-appropriate topics like school work, relationships, substance abuse, and other issues facing young adults.
OUTPATIENT LOCATIONS: Princeton/Adults, Hamilton, North Brunswick, Moorestown
Our Young Adult Program offers treatment services for young men and women ages 18 through the mid-20s who are coping with mental health problems and some substance abuse issues that are negatively affecting their sense of well-being and overall functioning. We work closely and collaboratively with patients’ schools, colleges, and universities throughout the course of treatment.
Through this program, we help young adults to:
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence
- Develop healthy, adaptive coping skills in response to triggers
- Create life goals
- Foster independence
- Maintain medication therapy
- Watch for warning signs and symptoms
- Seek connections to mental health/social supports
- Interact positively with family
- Depending on needs, treatment options include:
Partial hospital program: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. five days per week
Intensive outpatient program: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. three days per week
Lunch is provided for full-day programs, and free transportation may be available within defined areas.