Program options include:
- Adolescent treatment services geared to teens with emotional and behavioral problems, substance abuse problems, or both.
- The Adolescent Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) program focus on improving the management of emotions and decreasing impulsive behaviors such as self-harm. The program includes a DBT skills group, individual therapy, skills coaching, and family education.
- The Emotional Eating Track, designed for teens suffering from both disordered eating patterns and mood disorders, this unique program helps them understand the connection between emotion dysregulation and eating behaviors, while offering alternative coping strategies and healthier life skills. The Emotional Eating Track for adolescents is offered in North Brunswick only.
Treatment for adolescent programs includes a comprehensive evaluation by a board certified psychiatrist, evidence-based treatment, medication evaluation and management as needed, group and individual therapy, family education groups, and expressive therapies such as art and music. Urine drug screenings and relapse prevention planning are provided for those dealing with substance abuse issues.
Through this program, we help adolescents to:
- Improve self-control and coping ability
- Regain emotional stability
- Function in healthier ways at school and home
- Understand the concept of addiction
- Achieve and maintain abstinence from addictive substances
Currently, programing for adolescents is via telehealth only.
- 3-Day Intensive Outpatient Program: meets three times per week from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. (no schooling)
- 5-Day Intensive Outpatient Program: meets Monday through Friday 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., with virtual schooling from 10 a.m. to noon.