State-designated Primary Stroke Center
As a state-designated Primary Stroke Center, Princeton Medical Center (PMC) is your trusted source for stroke care. We have proven we have the expertise, technology and skill to diagnose and treat people who experience strokes.
From acute care in the Center for Emergency Care through rehabilitation and home care, Princeton Medical Center has developed a comprehensive protocol to fully address the many complex needs of individuals who have had a stroke. This protocol for stroke treatment and recovery was carefully designed by a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
Our goal is to help each patient resume life after stroke as quickly as possible.
Setting High Standards for Stroke Care
At PMC, you can take comfort in our advanced capabilities:
- Specially trained, acute stroke teams available 24/7
- 24/7 state-of-the-art neuro-imaging capabilities and neurosurgical services
- Led by a Medical Director who is board certified in neurology and clinical neurophysiology
- A dedicated Stroke Coordinator to continually monitor the adherence to protocols and oversee patient education
- Highly specialized team including board certified neurosurgeons, neurologists,physicians and nurses with advanced training in stroke care, and Center for Emergency Care physicians who are board certified in emergency medicine
PMC also provides staff and EMTs with access to special training on how to quickly assess and start appropriate care for stroke patients.
In addition, PMC's Center for Neuroscience Care features advanced transcranial Doppler technology, a non-invasive ultrasound technique that can assess individuals' risk for stroke before an event occurs.
A Complete Continuum of Care
Individuals who are admitted to the hospital following a stroke receive care in our dedicated inpatient unit.
For individuals who need additional assistance before returning home, Acute Rehabilitation at PMC — on-site at the hospital — offers services to help stroke patients recover, including physical, occupational, speech and psychological therapy. Under the leadership of a Medical Director who is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, Acute Rehabilitation at PMC is staffed by experienced rehabilitation nurses and a team of other healthcare professionals who understand the complexities of stroke patients' needs.
Our comprehensive services also include assistance after you return home, through Princeton HomeCare, PMC's Outpatient Rehabilitation Network and Princeton Fitness & Wellness Center programs. In addition, Princeton Health's Community Wellness offers periodic seminars with healthcare professionals about stroke prevention and treatment.
For more information about PMC's Stroke Center, call 1.888.742.7496.