The Institute for Surgical Care at PMC features cutting-edge technology and thoughtful design, including:
- 12 State-of-the-art Operating Suites. 100% fresh air is cycled through each operating room 25 times an hour through HEPA filters, providing the cleanest possible environment for surgery.
- Hybrid Operating Room. Combining high-resolution, 3-D imaging capabilities with fully-equipped operating room technology in a single space allows surgeons to switch from minimally invasive to fully open surgeries without interruption, making procedures safer and quicker.
- 17-Bed Pre- and Post-Operative Suites. Our spacious single-patient rooms are equipped with the most sophisticated technologies.
- 14-Bed Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). The PACU features a well-equipped nurses’ station, allowing for outstanding patient care during the post-operative period of recovery from sedation, which combines high-resolution, 3-D imaging capabilities with fully equipped operating room technology in a single space. The integration allows surgeons to move a patient's surgery from minimally invasive to fully open without interruption - making procedures safer and quicker.
- Operating Room Video Conferencing Capabilities. The surgical team is able to communicate in real time with specialists, such as pathologists in the laboratory who are analyzing tissue samples just excised.
- Optimized Operating Rooms. The Center's operating rooms are designed to allow instrumentation to hang at eye-level rather than be placed on the floor. This placement improves the surgical team's functionality, visibility, and mobility
- 2 Procedure Rooms for Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) treatments. For patients with kidney stone disease and for cystoscopies to diagnose urological conditions.
Setting the Standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery
Our surgeons are skilled in innovative surgical techniques and use of new technologies, including those used in minimally invasive surgery. This type of surgery has been shown to result in significantly less pain, less scarring, shorter recovery time, faster return to normal daily activities, and in many cases, better clinical outcomes.
Examples of the advanced technologies our surgeons use include:
- The da Vinci Surgical System®, a revolutionary robotic technology that enables surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision.
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery, in which surgeons use a tiny camera and surgical instruments inserted through small incisions to view the inside of the chest during a procedure, such as the removal of nodules to test for cancer.
- Interventional radiology, which involves using X-ray, ultrasound, MRI and other diagnostic imaging to guide catheters and tiny surgical instruments through the body during procedures such as angioplasty to repair blocked arteries.
- Bariatric surgery procedures, including gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy.
Ninety-seven percent of our physicians have achieved board certification, the hallmark of professional excellence for medical specialties, and many are Fellows of the American College of Surgeons, a distinction granted to surgeons who have met high standards for surgical education and practice.
The Center for Bariatric Surgery & Metabolic Medicine combines the skill of surgeons with an exceptional level of caring that is sensitive to each patient's needs and comfort. Offering the latest in bariatric surgery procedures, including gastric bypass, lap banding, sleeve gastrectomy, and revisional surgery, our surgeons specialize in all types of bariatric surgery.
Many of our physicians have achieved board certification, the hallmark of professional excellence. Additionally, many are Fellows of the American College of Surgeons.
- Adrenal surgery
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Bariatric surgery (for weight loss)
- Breast surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- General surgery (including hernia repair and gallbladder/spleen removal)
- Gynecological surgery
- Ophthalmic surgery
- Oral surgery
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Otolaryngologic surgery (of the head and neck)
- Plastic surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Thoracic surgery (for diseases of the chest and lungs)
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Urological surgery
- Vascular surgery