What you need to know about the PHCS Pre-Health Program
Purpose of Program:
Princeton HealthCare System's Pre-Health Program will provide opportunities for undergraduate students to explore the health sciences field before making applications to medical school or other professional graduate programs.
Princeton HealthCare System's Pre-Health Program will run from first week of June until first week of August.
In order to be eligible to apply for a spot in the program you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a pre-professional health related program OR have interest in pursuing a health science degree/program in the near future.
- Have or obtain a valid CPR card for healthcare providers (BCLS) before June 1 of the current year.
- Have completed your sophomore year of undergraduate studies. (No freshman or sophomores may apply at this time.)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Be able to commit to a 10-week summer program with only 1 week of vacation during the summer of the program.
The deadline for the application is Monday, February 17, 2017 at 4 pm EST.
All applications will be reviewed by Volunteer Services staff and eligible applicants will be invited to a formal interview. Those who are accepted into the program will need to provide documentation that indicates immunization/clearance from the following: Rubella(German Measles), Rubeola (Measles), Varicella, (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, and Tuberculosis.
Submit an application with two references by Monday, February 17, 2017 at 4 pm EST.
*Please note, this year we will be accepting 10-15 participants. No late applications will be accepted.