At PMC's Center for Maternal & Newborn Care, both mom and baby are cared for at all times by an expert team of obstetric and neonatal specialists, including:
- Board certified gynecologists, obstetricians, high-risk obstetricians, anesthesiologists, neonatologists and pediatricians — all available 24 hours every day.
- A neonatologist from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is on-site at all times to attend high-risk deliveries and to provide care to newborns in the Well Baby Nursery or Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)*.
- Nurses who are certified in neonatal and perinatal care.
- Nurse midwives, who are available for those who embrace the philosophies of this model of care.
- Certified childbirth educators.
- Certified lactation consultants.
After discharge, you will have the opportunity to meet with a certified lactation consultant from Community Wellness.
*PMC has a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and is licensed by the State of New Jersey as a Community Perinatal Center - Intensive.