University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro, a 308-bed acute care, community teaching hospital, is:
- A University Hospital Affiliate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey–Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, the state’s university of the health sciences, is the largest institution of its kind in the nation. Robert Wood Johnson Medical School is one of eight schools within the university.
- A Clinical Research Affiliate of The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, the only National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Center in the state. Comprehensive Cancer Centers are leaders in cancer treatment, research and education. The Cancer Institute of New Jersey one of just 40 National Cancer Institute–designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country.
- Indicative of our exceptional clinical care, The Joint Commission announced that UCMP is one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in the United States, making PMC among only 405 hospitals nationwide being recognized for 2010.
This is the first time The Joint Commission is recognizing accredited hospitals and critical access hospitals that attain and sustain excellence in accountability measure performance. PMC is the only hospital in this region, and one of only 12 in New Jersey to earn this recognition from The Joint Commission. Once again, we are in the same company as the Mayo Clinic Health System and Cleveland Clinic Florida.
Princeton House Behavioral Health, which offers inpatient and outpatient care for people who need psychiatric support, have chemical dependencies or who have a combination of emotional and addiction problems.
Princeton Rehabilitation Services, which offers:
- Inpatient care for patients with disabilities resulting from strokes and other neurological conditions, brain surgery, joint replacements and amputations
- An outpatient rehabilitation network.
Princeton HomeCare Services, which provides comprehensive in-home nursing and rehabilitation, hospice care and support services.
Princeton Fitness & Wellness Center, a medically-based center to help people of all ages and levels of fitness achieve their health and wellness goals safely.