Princeton Medical Center offers advanced endoscopic procedures to aid in the detection of gastrointestinal disease and cancer, and the treatment of certain gastrointestinal conditions.
We offer the following diagnostic screenings and treatments:
• Endoscopic ultrasound, an advanced procedure used to diagnose esophageal, gastric, rectal and pancreatic cancers, and to aid in the diagnosis of other gastrointestinal conditions
• Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, a safe and effective method for diagnosing and treating disorders of the pancreas, liver, pancreatic duct and bile duct
Small Bowel Services• Video capsule endoscopy, which provides images of the small bowel that cannot be captured with traditional X-rays
• Balloon enteroscopy, a specialized endoscopic approach to diagnose and treat small bowel disease
The Center for Digestive Health offers specialized care for diseases of the esophagus, providing a multidisciplinary approach to treating virtually all esophageal problems. The Esophageal Program gives patients the benefit of advanced diagnostic and treatment techniques, such as:
• Wireless esophageal pH monitoring and impedance pH testing, which measure the reflux of acid from the stomach into the esophagus among patients with gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD).
• High-resolution esophageal manometry, a test that measures the function of the lower esophageal sphincter and muscles of the esophagus.
• Stretta® therapy, a minimally invasive procedure that provides long-term relief from GERD.
• Radiofrequency ablation, a procedure to remove diseased, precancerous cells from the esophagus.
To learn more about these services, click here.
Direct Access Colonoscopy Program
The Direct Access Colonoscopy Program helps speed the process of scheduling a routine screening colonoscopy. Patients aged 50 and over can make an appointment for a colonoscopy, and if they meet certain criteria, they will be scheduled within days. For more information or to find out if you’re eligible for a Direct Access Colonoscopy, call 609.750.3040, option 3.