As part of Penn Medicine, the cancer care team routinely works closely in collaboration with providers from the Abramson Cancer Center, a world leader in cancer research, patient care, and education, to provide access to experts in advanced diagnostics and treatment. This partnership allows for seamless care for patients who require more specialized treatment or prefer to receive their care closer to home. Patients also have convenient access to participation in clinical trials if needed.
At Princeton Cancer Center, coordinated patient care is provided by a multidisciplinary team that includes:
- Board certified physicians, including medical and radiation oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, and palliative care physicians.
- Oncology Certified nurse navigators who help guide patients through diagnosis and treatment and into wellness.
- Nationally recognized and certified oncology and infusion nurses.*
- Pharmacists with board certification in oncology and pharmacotherapy, staffing an on-site cancer pharmacy.
- Registered and certified radiology technicians and laboratory professionals.
- A licensed clinical social worker with specialty certification in oncology social work.
- An oncology financial navigator.
- A registered dietitian, board certified in oncology nutrition.
- A survivorship coordinator, who provides a cancer treatment summary and survivorship care plan to patients who complete treatment.
- Chaplains and volunteers.
*Our certified oncology nursing staff has received national recognition from the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation.