UMCP’s specially trained Certified Application Counselors are available now. The closing date for open enrollment is January 31, 2017.
Learn more about:
- The Health Insurance Marketplace in New Jersey
- What Marketplace Insurance covers
- The costs of health insurance
- Getting help with your application
- What you need to know if you have job-based insurance
Enrollment assistance will be provided at a number of locations across Princeton HealthCare System, including:
Community Education & Outreach
731 Alexander Road | Suite 103 | Princeton, NJ 08540
Please remember to bring with you:
- Social Security Numbers or document numbers for legal immigrants
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who will need coverage (pay stubs or W-2 forms)
- Policy numbers of any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
- A COMPLETED Employer Coverage Tool for every job-based plan you or someone in your household is eligible for (You will need to fill out this form even for coverage you are eligible for but do not enroll in. You can find it at healthcare.gov)
Check our community calendar at princetonhcs.org/calendar to learn more about upcoming information sessions or call to schedule an appointment with a counselor.
UMCP’s Certified Application Counselors will also be available at numerous community events across the region to answer questions, explain the Health Insurance Marketplace and discuss the documents you will need to enroll. These sessions are informational in nature only.
Important Dates to Remember
November 1, 2016 — Open Enrollment starts - this is the first day you can apply for 2017 coverage.
December 15, 2016 — The last date to enroll for coverage that starts January 1, 2017.
December 31, 2016 — Date when all 2016 Marketplace coverage ends, no matter when you enrolled.
January 1, 2017 — The date 2017 coverage can start if you apply by December 15, 2016, or if you accept automatic enrollment in your 2016 plan or a similar plan.
January 31, 2017 — The last day to enroll in 2017 coverage. If you miss this deadline, you can't sign up for a health plan inside or outside the Marketplace for the rest of 2017. The only exception is if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.For more information visit HealthCare.gov or call 1.800.318.2596.