UMCPP's CT technology includes a state-of-the-art, 128-slice Inginuity CT Scanner that is located in the Emergency Department and is used for cardiac imaging, a 64-slice Brilliance CT scanner and a 16-slice scanner that are used for both routine and advanced imaging procedures. Physicians order a CT scan to obtain detailed images of internal tissues and bones to help them diagnose and treat patients.
UMCPP's CT technology offers patients the following advantages:
- wide range of exams, including head, body and extremities CT and CTA; advanced imaging CTA cardiac and non-invasive CT cardiac scoring; CT-guided biopsy procedures; spiral CT scans
- clear, detailed, high-quality images of the human body in seconds to reduce patient scan time and make exams faster and more pleasant
- unique radiation dose-reduction technology that minimizes radiation dosage amounts to patients -- especially valuable in pediatric care
- fast, precise results that enable doctors to detect and treat disease in an early stage
- 3D images that enhance diagnostics
- A scan bed that comfortably accommodates larger patients
CT services are available at the Center for Testing & Treatment located in the main hospital building and the Outpatient Imaging Center in the Medical Arts Pavilion, which is adjacent to the hospital. Please click here for service locations.