CT scanners use computers to assemble X-ray pictures into three-dimensional images, which enhances diagnostic capabilities. Physicians order a CT scan to obtain detailed images of internal tissues and bones to help them diagnose and treat patients. The Department of Radiology at PMC offers state-of-the-art technology including a 128-slice Inginuity CT Scanner that is located in the Emergency Department and is used for cardiac imaging, a 64-slice Brilliance CT scanner and a 16-slice scan, used for both routine and advanced imaging procedures.
PMC's CT technology offers patients the following advantages:
- Clear, detailed, high-quality images of the human body in seconds to reduce patient scan time and make exams faster and more pleasant
- Unique iDose radiation dose-reduction technology, ensuring the lowest amount of radiation exposure to patients without compromising image quality
- Fast, precise results that enable doctors to detect and treat disease in an early stage
- 3D images that enhance diagnostics
- Scan beds that comfortably accommodate larger patients
- A wide range of exams, including head, body and extremities CT and CTA; advanced imaging CTA cardiac and non-invasive CT cardiac scoring; CT-guided biopsy procedures; spiral CT scans
CT services are available at the Center for Testing & Treatment located in the main hospital building and the Outpatient Imaging in the Medical Arts Pavilion, which is adjacent to the hospital. Please click here for service locations.
For more information about PMC's Outpatient Imaging, please call 609.853.6700.
Additional information about CT scans is available by visiting the Radiological Society of North America's website at www.rsna.org.