The charitable underpinnings of the original Princeton Hospital began in 1919 with the donation of this modest farmhouse at 253 Witherspoon Street by Princeton philanthropist Moses Taylor Pyne. Almost 100 years later, charitable support remains the most important source of funding for clinical equipment and new facilities.
Princeton HealthCare System Foundation itself was established in 1978 to support the advancement of University Medical Center at Princeton.
The Mission of Princeton HealthCare System Foundation is to financially support and promote the mission of the Princeton HealthCare System.
What We Do
Charitable gifts are applied to the most pressing needs for clinical equipment and new clinical facilities at University Medical Center of Princeton and the other operating units of Princeton HealthCare System. Most recently, almost one-third of the construction cost of the new University Medical Center of Princeton (opened in May 2012) was paid for by funds raised during the recent Design for Healing Campaign.
Audited Financial Statements
Princeton HeathCare System Foundation's audited financial statements at December 31, 2013 and 2014 may be accessed here.
A Registered Charity in New Jersey
Information filed with the Attorney General concerning this charitable solicitation may be obtained from the Attorney General of the State of New Jersey by calling 973.504.6215. Registration with the Attorney General does not imply endorsement.
Donor Bill of Rights
Princeton HealthCare System Foundation subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights developed and endorsed by the American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the National Society of Fund Raising Executives (NSFRE).