Since many seniors come to a hospital through the Emergency Department, we designed a special 6-room unit to meet the unique needs of older patients.
Each room offers:
- Spacious accommodations with slip-resistant flooring.
- Scales built into the beds so patients can be weighed in place – reducing the risk of falls.
- Pressure-relieving mattresses to reduce the risk of developing pressure ulcers.
- Windows with views to help patients acclimate to their surroundings and the time of day, helping to alleviate stress.Its own toilet facility to help increase privacy and convenience.
- Its own toilet facility to help increase privacy and convenience.
Our Emergency Department physicians are board certified in emergency medicine and have specialized training in caring for seniors. The department’s nurses also have extensive experience and education in emergency care for seniors. Clinical emergency pharmacists are available as well for consultation.