All patients at Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center’s Edward & Marie Matthews Center for Cancer Care are offered complimentary nurse navigation services. The role of the nurse navigator is to ease the way through cancer treatment for both you and your family.
The nurse navigator is an experienced registered nurse who is certified in the care and support of cancer patients and their families. The nurse navigator is a single point of contact, available to you throughout your cancer journey. From diagnosis to survivorship, the navigator will act as your educator and advocate and is dedicated to helping you understand your diagnosis and treatment plan.
The navigator’s goal is to help you every step of the way:
- Coordinate testing and consultation appointments.
- Work with your care providers to ensure that information is current and understood by the entire multidisciplinary team.
- Meet with you and your family to review diagnosis and treatment options presented by your doctors.
- Explain medical terms and procedures to promote understanding and informed decision making throughout the course of treatment and after.
- Assist with coordinating appointments and follow-up care to facilitate completion of the recommended treatment plan.
- Help you and your family connect with the cancer center, community, and national resources.
- Support you and your family through emotional decisions.
To reach a nurse navigator:
For general cancer care: 609-853-6790 or 609-853-6787
For breast cancer care: 609-688-2714
Our Nurse Navigator can help connect you to the services you need: