The Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course uses a scenario-based, team approach to teach pediatric emergency respiratory management or cardiac arrest.
- Knowledge of cardiac rhythms, PALS treatment algorithms, and PALS core pharmacology.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers course completion card.
- Complete precourse assessment test at www.heart.org/eccstudent (passcode: palsprovider), 84% or better is required.
- Recognition and treatment of infants and children at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest
- The systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- Effective respiratory management
- Validate skills for one- and two-person CPR and AED skills for infant and child
- Defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion
- Intraosseous access and fluid bolus administration
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
The PALS course is for healthcare providers who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies, and for first-time or renewal training to obtain a PALS course completion card. This course includes a written exam and skills test. Participants will receive a course completion card.
Registration may be completed online.
If you are paying with a credit card, a class book will be mailed to you. Check payments may be mailed. Once the payment is received, a class book will be mailed. Please note: If you are registering only two weeks prior to the class start date, you will need to pick up your book in person.
Cash payments must be made in person; at this time, you will pick up your class book, which is required by AHA for advance preparation. Payments can be made Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., at:
Community Education & Outreach at Alexander Road
731 Alexander Road, Suite 103
Princeton, NJ 08540
We recommend that you call 1.888.897.8979 to make arrangements ahead of time in order to minimize wait time.
Participants who are more than 15 minutes late will be denied entry into CPR courses held by PHCS.
A $35 book fee will be deducted from any refunds for cancellations made after the book has been mailed to the registrant.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course material, do not represent income to the Association.
Please provide the names of all attendees.