Volunteer Program for High School (Teen) Volunteers
We are grateful that so many teens are interested in volunteering at Princeton HealthCare System (PHCS). In fact, the volume of volunteer applications we have received over the last year is so high, it far outweighs the number of available volunteer positions within the organization for individuals under the age of 18. Consequently, we are not accepting applications at this time. We encourage you to check back frequently for updates regarding the status of the program.
- Must be at least 15 years of age and have completed freshman year in high school
- Complete application
- Successfully complete Volunteer Services interview
- Attend all required orientation and training
- Compliance with uniform and dress standards
- Compliance with hospital and department policies and guidelines
- One three-hour shift per week and at least 100 hours over a twelve-month period.
- Assignments and shifts will be discussed during the interview process. Volunteers should consider other activities before making the commitment to this program.
- Volunteer Services can not accommodate changes to the schedule or exceptions to any service requirements. Volunteers who do not meet these service requirements will not receive a certificate or verification of service.
Who Should Apply
- High school students who are 15 years of age and have completed their freshman year in high school.
- Students who are able to commit to the service requirements listed above.
- Students who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine, nursing or the allied health professions.
Who Should Not Apply
- Students who have not completed their freshman year of high school or who are 14 or younger.
- Students who cannot make a weekly commitment and complete the minimum service requirements of 100 hours over a 12-month period.
- Students who have other commitments that will require them to miss four or more scheduled shifts in a six-month period.
- Students who are not able to commit to orientation/training.
- Students looking to meet school requirements for less than 100 hours.