There are a wide range of opportunities available for adult volunteers at Princeton HealthCare System. Depending on the assignment, adult volunteers are scheduled between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 12 a.m., Sunday through Saturday, and serve a minimum of three hours per week. Volunteer assignments are based on organizational need, in addition to your interests, skills and availability. Adult volunteers enjoy many benefits, including free parking, documentation of hours, free training, special discounts and celebratory recognition events. The first step to becoming a volunteer is to submit an application. See the steps below to get started.
Steps to apply:
- Make sure you are able to commit to the program. Volunteers must to commit to serving 100 hours over a 12-month period of time.
- Submit an on-line application. Click here to access the on-line application.
- Submit two reference forms (click on the following links to download each reference form: Reference # 1, Reference # 2). Please note, applications are not processed until both reference forms are received.
- One to three weeks after your reference forms are received, we will contact you to schedule a face to face interview. During the interview, we will discuss your interests, previous experiences, assignment preferences, availability and next steps including orientation and training.
Volunteers who are accepted will need to:
Not sure if you have the time to volunteer? Consider joining Community Connection. Click here to find out how to get involved!
- Have a free tuberculosis screening administered by our Occupational Health Department or another provider. Please note that documentation of a flu vaccination is also mandatory if you will be volunteering anytime between October and May. Flu vaccines are provided free of charge to volunteers who will provide at least 100 hours.
- Attend a three hour hospital orientation session. Topics covered during orientation include infection control, patient confidentiality/HIPAA, fire/safety, age-specific competency, customer satisfaction and cultural diversity.
- Complete a criminal history and reference background check, provided free of charge.
- Participate in assignment specific training with your department supervisor and/or other volunteers.
Once again, thank you for your interest in our program! Please contact us at 609.853.6010 with any questions.