Adult Volunteer Program
The adult volunteer program provides mature individuals with the opportunity to give back to the community by creating positive patient experiences while ensuring their time is recognized and well spent.
Adult volunteer opportunities are available year round. Acceptance into the volunteer program is not guaranteed due to limited openings
- Volunteers must have the availability to commit to a reoccurring schedule.
- Volunteers choose one day of the week to spend 3 consecutive hours in a volunteer assignment.
- Volunteers typically serve between the hours of 9 am and 9 pm, daily.
- They are expected to come to their assignment the same day and time weekly.
- Volunteers must have the ability to accumulate a minimum of 100 service hours over the course of one year.
- Volunteers should be willing to be flexible with availability and specific assignment requests.
Steps to apply:
- Submit an on-line application. Click here .
- Submit two reference forms. Please note: Applications are not processed until both reference forms are received and verified by Volunteer Services.
- Reference # 1
- Reference # 2.
- Please allow one to three weeks for processing before calling the Volunteer Office to check your application status.
*Not every applicant's availability and needs can be accommodated, therefore follow-ups are not guaranteed*
- Tuberculosis screening (two-step Mantoux):
- TB testing will be administered by our Occupational Health Department free of charge.
- Occupational Health does not treat anyone under the age of 18.
- Flu vaccination is required for all volunteers during flu season (typically September thru May).
- Occupational Health requires insurance cards, if applicable, for all those receiving their vaccine at the hospital.
- Occupational Health requires documentation of flu shot for all volunteer applicants not vaccinated at the hospital. Please have this documentation readily available if applying during flu season.
- Attendance is required at a three-hour hospital orientation session.
- Orientation is held twice a month.
- Completion of a criminal background check is required.
- The background check is free of charge.
- All volunteers will be asked to complete on the job training in their assigned position.
- Training can take anywhere from one to two weeks.
- Volunteers are asked to purchase their own uniform top from the organization.
- The cost is $20.
For more information, please contact (609) 853-6010 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries.