What is the DAISY Award?
DAISY is an acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune System. The Daisy Foundation was formed in January 2000 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes who died at the age of 33 due to complications of Idiopathic Throbocytopenic Purpura.
Pat was hospitalized for eight weeks and during this time the family was awed by not only the clinical skills but the incredible compassion they experienced from the nurses who cared for Pat and his family. In his honor the family formed the The Daisy Foundation and the DAISY Award. The DAISY Award celebrates the compassionate care of extraordinary nurses and pays tribute to the special human consideration nurses give their patients every day as a very important part of the healing process.
PHCS is offering the DAISY Award for our nurses. Patients, families, nurses, managers, physicians, staff and administrators can nominate someone who embodies the attributes listed above, keeping the main focus on the care of the patient and the family.
The Daisy Award nomination form can be filled out and put in one of the ballot boxes available throughout the hospital or emailed to: email@example.com.
Congratulations to all the nominees and especially to James Waters, our first DAISY Award Winner!!
- January - Barbara Heruska, NICU
- February - Matthew Redding, ED
- March - Aaron Miller, ED
- April - Marcia Szochet, CCU/ICU
- May - Jody Dawkins, SCU
- June - Pam Schulz, EDU
- July - Hebe Tangga-an, EDU
- August - Debra Miller, Homecare
- January - Andrea Lynn, Pediatrics
- February - Laura Feiss, Homecare
- March - Connie Johnson, Woundcare
- April - Karen Genthner, Acute Rehab
- May - Maria Fuhrmann, ASC
- June - Christina Brescia, Radiology
- July - Katherine Posch, NICU
- August - Ahmaad Johnson, SCU
- September - Denise Vieux-Olivier, LD
- October - Lisa Johnson, PH-ECT
- November - Litty Chacko, Pediatrics
- December - Joan Marks, Homecare
- January - Grace McDonald-Largie, RN, Maternal Fetal Medicine
February - Karla Weekes, RN, Float Pool
March - Jessica Soto, RN, Acute Care of the Elderly
April - Michael Katzman, Float Pool
May - Ann Spedding, HomeCare
June - Dolores Blauth, Surgical Care Unit
July - Christine Kelly, Mother Baby Unit
- August - Sharon Braconi, Labor and Deliver
- September - Mary Ann Sheerin, HomeCare
January - James Walters, RN, J7
February - Ashley Edling, RN, J6
March - Conghuyentonny Nguyenhuong, RN, HomeCare
April - Lisette Winans, RN, Acute Rehabilitation
May - Joann Biegman, 'RN, EDU
June - Joan Mastrobattisk, RN, Princeton House Outpatient - Hamilton Site
July - Ellen Rodriquez, RN, Maternal Child Health
August - Britni Walton, RN, MNO
September - Debbie Bryan-Taft, RN
October - Beth Beckett, RN
November - Anne Mathiews, RN
December - Jyotsna Patole, RN