University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro Seeking New Volunteers
Apr 10, 2013
University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro (UMCPP) is accepting applications from adults and college students who would like to volunteer as greeters from 6 to 9 a.m. on weekdays.
Volunteer greeters at UMCPP fulfill a vital role in serving patients and their families. They welcome patients and visitors and escort them to destinations within the hospital, such as an inpatient or outpatient service area or the room of a loved one who is staying in the hospital. This position is best suited for those who like to interact with people and enjoy walking.
UMCPP has a significant need for greeters weekdays between 6 and 9 a.m. Priority will be given to finding volunteer greeters for those hours. Those who would like to volunteer but cannot fill that time slot may still submit applications.
In applying for a volunteer position at UMCPP, volunteers must:
- Submit an application with a letter of recommendation from someone other than a family member or friend.
- Commit to at least eight weeks of an introductory period.
- Complete an interview with volunteer services staff.
- Attend mandatory orientation to learn more about infection control, patient confidentiality/HIPAA, fire/safety, age-specific competency, customer satisfaction and cultural diversity.
- Have a tuberculosis screening test provided free of charge.
- Adhere to all hospital and department policies and procedures at all times during their shift.
Thorough training for volunteer greeters will be provided.
Volunteer applications are available online at www.princetonhcs.org/volunteers or may be obtained by calling Volunteer Services at (609) 853-6010.