New UMCPP Accepting Applications for College and Adult Volunteers
May 30, 2012
University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro is now accepting applications for college and adult volunteers.
UMCPP’s volunteers fulfill a vital role in helping us to serve our patients and their families. Opportunities are currently available for volunteer greeters and escorts. Greeters welcome patients and visitors to UMCPP and assist them in arriving at their destinations within the hospital — whether escorting them to an inpatient or outpatient service area or helping them find the room of a loved one who is staying in the hospital. This position is great for anyone who likes to interact with people and enjoys walking.
Greeter shifts are available daily between the hours of 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturdays, and 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sundays. Other volunteer opportunities may also be available. Volunteer assignments are based on organizational need in addition to your interests, skills and availability.
In applying for a volunteer position at UMCPP, volunteers must:
- Submit an application with a letter of recommendation from someone other than a family member or friend.
- Commit to at least eight weeks of an introductory period.
- Complete an interview with volunteer services staff.
- Attend mandatory orientation to learn more about infection control, patient confidentiality/HIPAA, and fire/safety, age-specific competency, customer satisfaction and cultural diversity.
- Have a tuberculosis screening test provided free of charge.
- Wear a uniform provided by the hospital.
- Adhere to all hospital and department policies and procedures at all times during their shift.
Thorough training for volunteer greeters will be provided.
Volunteer applications are available online at www.princetonhcs.org/volunteers or may be obtained by calling Volunteer Services at (609) 853-6010.