Princeton HealthCare System (PHCS) recognizes that visits from family members, loved ones and friends play an important role in a patient’s recovery, and respects the visitation rights of patients. All patients may chose who may visit them during their stay at PHCS, regardless of whether the visitor is a family member, spouse, domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner), civil union partner or other type of visitor. Children are welcome visitors, but must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
Visitors can enter through the main entrance 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Outside of those hours, visitors should use the emergency department entrance and check in at the greeter's desk for visitor Identification.
General UMCPP hospital visiting hours are open 24 hours/day with the following exceptions:
- One adult visitor may stay overnight
- Eating Disorders Program: Monday-Friday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. and weekends from 2 to 5 p.m. and 7 to 8:30 p.m
Patients can arrange for their visitors to enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with their wishes. The only time that may change is if PHCS restricts patient access to visitors based on reasonable clinical needs. When that occurs, PHCS will explain to the patient (or support person, as applicable) the reasons for the restrictions or limitations on the patient's visitation rights. Each patient can change his or her mind about consent for visitors at any time.
- Please do not visit if you have a cold or other communicable disease.
- Please do not bring alcoholic beverages onto hospital property.
- Please avoid touching equipment in the patient’s room.
- Please leave the patient’s room if requested by a doctor, nurse or other patient.
- Because of New Jersey dietary rules, please do not bring food to a patient without prior approval from the patient’s physician.