Princeton HealthCare System (PHCS) recognizes that visits from family members, loved ones and friends play an important role in a patient’s recovery, and respects the visitation rights of patients. All patients may chose who may visit them during their stay at PHCS, regardless of whether the visitor is a family member, spouse, domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner), civil union partner or other type of visitor. Children are welcome visitors, but must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
Patients can arrange for their visitors to enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with their wishes. The only time that may change is if PHCS restricts patient access to visitors based on reasonable clinical needs. When that occurs, PHCS will explain to the patient (or support person, as applicable) the reasons for the restrictions or limitations on the patient's visitation rights. Each patient can change his or her mind about consent for visitors at any time.
- General UMCPP hospital visiting hours are from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- Visiting hours for the Center for Emergency Care: Two visitors will be allowed while a patient is in the Emergency Department, dependent on the nurse's discretion and the patient's status.
- Visiting hours for the Center for Eating Disorders Care are 7 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. (Monday-Friday) and 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. (weekends).
Please, we ask that only two visitors see a patient at one time, except as follows:
- Center for Critical Care: Two visitors for 20 minutes at a time, 10 a.m.- 9 p.m. Phones are located outside the unit so that visitors can call the unit to see if the patient is free to have visitors.
- Center for Surgical Care: One visitor at a time, due to space and confidentiality issues.
- Center for Maternal & Newborn Care: Fathers may visit any time (although a patient’s status may limit visitors). For guests other than fathers, hospital visiting hours apply (11 a.m. until 9 p.m.)
- Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit: Parents, grandparents and siblings may visit any time.
- Center for Pediatric Care: Parents may visit any time.
- Please do not visit if you have a cold or other communicable disease.
- Please do not bring alcoholic beverages onto hospital property.
- Please avoid touching equipment in the patient’s room.
- Please leave the patient’s room if requested by a doctor, nurse or other patient.
- Because of New Jersey dietary rules, please do not bring food to a patient without prior approval from the patient’s physician.