The Health Insurance Marketplace is now open, so eligible individuals and families may enroll in health plans that provide coverage for essential benefits, pre-existing conditions and more.
UMCPP can help.
University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro (UMCPP) has been designated an official Certified Application Counselor (CAC) organization. This means we can help you enroll.
UMCPP’s specially trained Certified Application Counselors will be available starting November 11, 2013 through March 31, 2014 (the closing date for open enrollment).
Learn more about:
- The Marketplace in your state
- What Marketplace Insurance covers
- The costs of health insurance
- Getting help with your application
- What you need to know if you have job-based insurance
Enrollment assistance will be provided at a number of locations across Princeton HealthCare System, including:
UMCPP Medical Library
1 Plainsboro Road | Plainsboro, NJ 08536
Please remember to bring with you:
- Social Security Numbers or document numbers for legal immigrants
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who will need coverage (pay stubs or W-2 forms)
- Policy numbers of any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
- A COMPLETED Employer Coverage Tool for every job-based plan you or someone in your household is eligible for (You will need to fill out this form even for coverage you are eligible for but do not enroll in. You can find it at healthcare.gov)
Check our community calendar at princetonhcs.org/calendar to learn more
about upcoming information sessions or call 1.888.897.8979 to schedule an appointment with a counselor. Walk-ins are also welcome and will be seen on a first come, first-served basis, when CAC's are available at the Medical Library. Before you go, please call 1.888.897.8979 to check the schedule.
UMCPP’S Certified Application Counselors will also be available at numerous community events across the region to answer questions, explain the Health Insurance Marketplace and discuss the documents you will need to enroll. These sessions are informational in nature only.
Important Dates to Remember
October 1, 2013 — Open Enrollment Began
November 11, 2013 — UMCPP Certified Application Counselors Available
January 1, 2014 — Coverage Can Begin
March 31, 2014 — Open Enrollment Closes
For more information visit HealthCare.gov or call 1.800.318.2596.