The shoulder is one of the most flexible joints in the body. As a result, it can be susceptible to sudden injuries such as sprains and tears, as well as arthritis and other chronic conditions.
University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro's board certified orthopedic specialists offer the latest treatments for shoulder problems, whether you are a competitive athlete or looking to regain a pain-free full range of motion.
We provide treatment for individuals with:
- Bicep injuries
- Bone spurs
- Cervical shoulder syndromes
- Gout and pseudogout
- Labrum tears and sprains
- Ligament and nerve damage
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shoulder dislocations, separations and sprains
- Shoulder fractures
- Tendonitis (including tendonitis caused by calcium deposits)
UMCPP's state-of-the-art shoulder services include:
- Arthroscopic ligament surgery
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery
- Fracture repair
- Open surgical repair of damaged ligaments
- Open surgical repair of rotator cuff tears
- Physical therapy and exercise
- Shoulder replacements (for arthritis and severe injury)
- Reverse shoulder replacements
For more information about these or any other health topics, please click here to visit our Online Health Encyclopedia.
Related services available through Princeton HealthCare System include:
- Outpatient radiology imaging services
- Home care
- Occupational therapy
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Physical therapy
- Self-direct blood donations
Finding the Right Doctor
For assistance finding an orthopedic surgeon affiliated with Princeton HealthCare System, call 1.888.PHCS4YOU (1.888.742.7496), or click here to search for a physician through our online Physician Directory.