Continuum of Care for Older Adults
People face a multitude of personal and health-related issues as they age, which sometimes result in depression or other changes in emotional state. Princeton House Behavioral Health offers a variety of programs tailored to the needs of older adults.
Inpatient Geriatric Psychiatry Services
Our services for older adults includes state-of-the-art care in a supportive environment when depression, anxiety, addiction or other behavioral disturbances diminish quality of life. Treatment is provided by a team of psychiatrists, nurses and mental health specialists who are dedicated to helping each and every patient.
Older Adult Outpatient Program: Senior Link
The Senior Link Program offers Partial Hospital and Intensive Outpatient Services to older adults who are experiencing mental health issues which have an impact on their sense of well-being and overall functioning. Program hours vary depending on patient need. Seniors in the Partial Hospital Program attend six hours per day (9:30am - 3:30pm) four/ five days per week. Seniors in the Intensive Outpatient Program attend three hours per day (9:30am- 12:30pm) four/ five days per week. Transportation is available within defined areas.
- Reduce feelings of depression and anxiety
- Strengthen connections and community support
- Improve coping with issues and challenges with this phase of life including physical illness, grief and loss
- Increase sense of control in one's life
- Comprehensive evaluation by Geriatric Psychiatrist
- Group and Individual counseling
- Coping and Life Skills training
- Family Therapy and Education
- Education about maintaining physical and emotional health
Click here to review a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding our Outpatient Programs for Older Adults.