Women's Emotion Regulation
This program is designed to help women who are experiencing a mood
disorder and/or post-traumatic stress symptoms and are having difficulty
functioning at their optimal capacity. This group-focused program
incorporates dialectical behavior therapy-based principles and skills to
improve coping with difficult emotions and to regain a life worth
living. The Emotion Regulation track is offered during the day at four locations from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Program goals include:
- Reducing symptoms of depression, anxiety and bipolar disorders, as well as traumatic disorders
- Becoming more aware of how past history impacts current functioning
- Learning the connection between thoughts, feelings, behaviors and bodily sensations
- Increasing understanding of relational issues
- Increasing skills to manage feelings in order to more effectively function in life
To view frequently asked questions (FAQ) about this program, please click here.