For those individuals traveling abroad and companies that have employees traveling abroad on work-related business or for pleasure, we offer a variety of services in the area of travel medicine. Travel physicals, various immunizations and vaccinations, and consultations are among the services offered. With a greater amount of business being conducted internationally, the needs of our corporate clients are constantly changing. Our staff has years of training and experience in this specialty and continually monitors the conditions and requirements in other locales. If you have any questions, please call 609.853.7474 or e-mail us.
- Travel Physicals -- Travel physicals are conducted as the first step to ensure an individual’s health when traveling abroad. The exam includes physical, as well as a health and immunization history review, conducted by a physician. Depending on the
destination, we assess the individual’s needs and offer appropriate immunizations.
- Immunizations and Vaccinations -- Depending on your destination, we will assess your needs and offer the appropriate vaccinations or immunizations. They include HEPATITIS A, HEPATITIS B, YELLOW FEVER, JE VAX (Japanese Encephalitis), TYPHOID, RABIES, TETANUS, MALARIA, VARICELLA (Chicken Pox), MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) and POLIO.
- Yellow Fever Center -- University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro is a Certified Yellow Fever Center, and our physicians follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for business and personal travel. Yellow Fever vaccination is recommended (and sometimes required) for travel in many South American and African countries.
- Experienced Physicians and Staff -- Our physicians and staff have years of experience and training in the field of travel medicine. They are constantly monitoring the changes throughout the world and will offer their expertise on your particular destination.
- Consultation and Information – Consultation is offered concerning possible infectious diseases at the traveler’s destination, prevention of those diseases and other aspects of safe and healthy travel.
- Tuberculosis Screening (PPD) -- Some areas in the world may require evidence of recent negative tuberculosis screening prior to entry or for extended stays.
For information, please call 609.853.7474.